1968 roadster for sale

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1968 roadster for sale
From: "The Stockdales" <stockdal@inreach.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2000 16:58:21 -0800
For Sale: 1968 SPL311 with 2L and 5 speed

Lots of new items, including:
Shocks, brakes, clutch, hydraulics, tires, paint (white), hoses, carpet,
lamps, exhaust, battery, large Z alternator, updated wiring, dash cover,
lights, etc.

Most everything has been gone through; disassembled, cleaned, checked,
repainted, re-assembled, etc.

The engine has less than 2K miles on a complete rebuild, done several years
ago, then correctly stored. The engine runs strong with no smoke. The
emission equipment is present for cosmetic purposes only. The transmission
shifts very well. There are no objectionable noises or whine. The odometer
has less than 80K miles on it, and I believe via examination during the
rebuilding, that this may be a true mileage reading.

What are the issues / problems? The OEM radio doesn't work. The clock runs
fast. The seats need to be recovered. The new soft-top has not been fitted
to the frame. The hard top needs new weather-stripping and general
rebuilding. There is still some trim stuff, weather-stripping and interior
items which need installation. The speedometer reads fast, due to the
smaller diameter tires.

Overall, it's been a very fun project and is a great driving car. My
approach was to put together a reliable, fast and fun to drive sports car.
It isn't possible to create a showroom restoration with the unmatched car
and engine combination. The problem is that with a family of four living in
snow country, it's just not practical to keep the roadster. It's sad to part
with, but life goes on.

I've got a bunch of stuff that get thrown in with the deal: extra brake
pads, lots of duplicate little parts, manuals, parts list, a CD with lot's
of roadster archive info, etc.  I've also got some large stuff that'll go
with the car or separately. A 2L head and SU cam, springs, valves, etc.,
front hubs with rotors, SU intake manifold, a bunch of engine parts, and a
good 5 speed with a Z bell housing that came out of a 510, but could easily
be put back into a roadster.

I'm asking $4000 for the roadster and all the spares. If you are just
interested in the car, I'm asking $3500. I don't think you could find a
better deal on a 2L head and 5 speed for the extra $500. If you want to see
pictures, e-mail me with what you want to see and I'll take some with the
digital camera and email them to you. Right now the car is garaged at my
house in Graeagle. I can deliver to Reno, Sacramento or the Bay Area.

You can reach me at 775-448-7213 during weekdays and 530-836-4413 evenings
and weekends.  Or, e-mail to stockdal@inreach.com.

Jim Stockdale