Re: tranny shift rods

To: Carrie and Lorie Brown <brown4@cdsnet.net>
Subject: Re: tranny shift rods
From: Jim Tyler <toplessdatsun@ga.prestige.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2000 21:53:44 -0500
It is good that you asked and didn't just take a hammer to it.  Most would
have
smashed it, then asked why!  I'm impressed.

There are interlock balls in between the rods inside the casing bulkhead.
Put two of the rods in the position they would be in for "Neutral"; (they
have to be rotated properly as well).  Then (and only then) you wil be able
to withdraw the third rod.  You will see how they work when you have it
apart,
it's clever.  Don't forget them when you re-assemble!

Jim