Roadster Therapy Running Again

To: "Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Roadster Therapy Running Again
From: "Ron & Julie Edgar" <rvedgar@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2000 01:17:19 -0500
I want to thank everyone for the great help on replacing my head gasket.  It
took six hours to tear it down and cleanup everything.  Then when the
gaskets arrived it took  about 4 hours to put it all back together and crank
it up.   I used copper coat on all surfaces and it worked very well.  I did
not have the head machined as I did not have the money and decided to take
the chance as I will be tearing it all down again for a clutch and 2 gear
syncro sometime in the near future. Total cost was about $100.00.

It great to have the old girl running again and better then before but
better was not enough.
I had a guy in a 60 or so VW start playing with me between lights tonight.
No traffic so I punched it and he punched it and we were head to head until
third gear and he pulled ahead,  we backed off at 50. Later when I caught up
with him I asked what HP he was running, " 55 " he said.   "No way"  I said.
He smiled and left me in blue smoke.   Makes a fellow want to trade up to a
2000  :-)

Ron Edgar
Ft Lauderdale Fla.

68 1600 SPL-311