Re: Flop... grind...grind...grind...

To: Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Flop... grind...grind...grind...
From: Gordon Glasgow <glasgow@serv.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 21:51:56 -0700
While you've got the tank out, check the trunk floor for cracks. The weight of
the tank plus gas was a bit too much for the thin sheet metal of the trunks, and
they quite often develop cracks along the tank support rails. If your car seems
to go through the gasket around the filler neck (where it goes through the rear
panel) frequently, your tank is probably sagging.

--
Gordon Glasgow
Renton, WA