ROAD RAGE

To: DATSUN-ROADSTERS@autox.team.net
Subject: ROAD RAGE
From: "J. W. E." <eisscargo1@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 21:53:54 EDT
As a full time firefighter/ E.M.T.,road rage is constintly brought up in
the break room.Its amazing how many "left lane bandits" there are in this
world. They not only annoy the general driving public,but then when
approached from behind by a 60,000 pound  fire truck with lights and
siren on,or a large white and orange box with the letters AMBULANCE
spelled backwards for all with a rearview mirror to see,again with all
those pretty red,white and sometimes even blue lights flashing and siren
making all sorts of strange noises,these" I pay taxes on this road,so
leave me alone" morons continue to motivate along ,in the left lane.If
these people were to check their state laws,it is unlawfull for an
emergency vehicle to pass on the right,this is why we risk our posteriors
for the general public by being forced into oncoming traffic,now creating
a traffic mess for all lanes in all directions.And yes we get plenty of
hand gestures and are reported on occasion for reckless driving for being
in the wrong lane.I say all this in hopes that everyone,including my
datsun and I,will stay in the right hand lane where we belong,unless
passing,appexing a corner ,or some other very good reason.And one more
thing,please check your mirrors every now and then,it might be your
house,or one of your loved ones we are on the way to hopefully save.