Re: fouling plugs

To: "Gary L. Neel" <gneel@intellisys.net>,
Subject: Re: fouling plugs
From: Philip Erickson <philip.erickson@Agouron.COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 09:48:07 -0700
Gary,
I would check/replace the rod and main bearing.  How's your oil pressure?
You may only need to replace your valve seals, or you may need to have your
head completely rebuilt.
Does you engine smoke?  I have had a few Fiats seize camshafts and be OK after
the cam is freed ( you can break the oil pump by denting the oil pan.), but the
rod bearing needed to be replace.
Also check for the proper heat range on the spark plugs.
Phil

--
Philip Erickson                                  Phone:  (619) 622-7963
Associate Scientist