Frame Felt

To: Datsun Roadster List <datsun-roadsters-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: Frame Felt
From: Steve Alllen <dumpdude@pon.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 1999 12:47:24 -0700
Great List and I really enjoy reading the threads. I am coming along
slowly but
surely with my 67.5 1600 rebuild. The stroked 1600 engine with Ztherapy
rebuilt 2000 SUs is sitting on a stand in the garage. The rebuilt five
speed is
patiently waiting to be bolted up to the engine. The frame is done with
rear end rebuilt as well as the front and rear suspension. I used
urethane bushing
where I could. Just got the body back from the metal strippers. Repaired
the
minor rust damage to the bottom end, primed and sealed it with
rubberized
undercoating. I am getting ready to bolt the body back on to the freshly
redone
frame but I have a question. There were some felt like pads between the
body
and the frame at various locations. Needless to say the original
material is in
pretty bad shape. I have been looking for some and have struck out
totally.
I went to the Nissan Dealer(not very *old car* friendly I might add),
several
auto body supply stores and a Napa Auto Parts store. Is this stuff
really
necessary and if so, does anyone know of a good replacement material?
Thanks for any responses.