running rich

To: Datsun <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: running rich
From: denis jiron <doj27288@csun.edu>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 13:43:25 -0700 (PDT)
Hello all.
I took my car down to get a tune up to the local tune up masters shop
here. I came back half an hour after leaving the car there and the guy
said that the problem wasn;t really the tune up but the fuel mixture. He
said I was running very rich and if he adjusted the timing to where it waS
supposed to be it wouldn't run.

SO.....my question.....how do I adjust the mixture lever? Where do I do it
and to what levels? Is this something I (AMETUER/BEGINNING mechanic) can
do or am I going to have to take it to a shop?

If I have to take it to a shop....do any of you know of a place in the LA
area preferably the SF valley. I love going down to CDM but it's about a 3
hour drive.

Thanks,
Denis Jiron
'68 1600