Re: Just batteries

To: ggerding@tconl.com, Mark_Kalmus@dell.com
Subject: Re: Just batteries
From: CalSpeed@aol.com
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 14:26:09 EDT
In a message dated 23-07-99 10:18:56 AM EST, ggerding@tconl.com writes:

<< I use one of those black rubber tie downs that has a hook on each end.
 It works great! >>

Hello,

That is a good emergency / temporary tiedown.  But.... the rubber can dry up
and develop cracks from the engine bay heat and suddenly break.  A loose
battery is not a good thing!  Trust me on that one as one of us "BADROC"
members just had that happen on the 300 mile trip up to Shasta.

If I remember correctly, his battery tipped over and corroded through paint
and electrical insulation which cause some shorts in the system.  But FRED
KATZ was able to take care of the situation fairly well.  Oooooops!  Sorry
Fred.

Michael "Calspeed" Carion
BADROC