Re: Gentleman, start your engine

To: "John/Ruth Kelly" <jrgbkelly@mindspring.com>,
Subject: Re: Gentleman, start your engine
From: "PATRICK P. CASTRONOVO" <slick@mohaveaz.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 20:29:13 -0700
pull the plugs out, then try to turn the engine over by turning the fan
blades by hand.  If the engine moves, then you're ok put the plugs in and
fire it up.  If the engine does not move then spray a liberal amount of a
suitable type of liquid wrench into each cylinder, and let it soak
overnight.  Then in the morning try working the engine back and forth,
either with the fan blade, or with a breaker bar and socket on the vibration
damper nut, located on the front of the crank shaft.  move it very gingerly,
as if you move it too far too fast you quite possibly will break rings.
good luck.  pat   67.5 2000 solex