Re: Water pump leaks

To: Mike Kerr <mikekerr@innercite.com>
Subject: Re: Water pump leaks
From: Ken Pearce <kpearce@washington.engr.ukans.edu>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 03:06:54 -0500 (CDT)
> they all seem to leek if they set off the car for a while but some times
> reseal after runnig for some  time. it either gets better or worse though.

I lost about 3/4 a gallon from my radiator and had coolant all over the
engine compartment.  From the stains left on the block and valve cover, it
almost had to come from the pump, however, after letting the engine get
hot idling in the Sun, I couldn't spot any leaks.  I've put 250 miles on
the car since and haven't used any water...  Sounds like mine resealed...
I may pick up a new pump anyway just to have a spare...

Ken Pearce, 2400 miles on my 68-2000 in the last week!  Woo Hoo!