Re: Brakes locked - Stuck in New Jersey

To: Mark Dent <stickerman@home.com>
Subject: Re: Brakes locked - Stuck in New Jersey
From: Toby B <toby@wolfenet.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 1999 02:10:06 -0700
Oh, yeah,
        It's a release problem- the linkage is pushing the m/c plunger in just
a bit, blocking the release holes.  Fluid can't get back out of the
pressure system.  As the brakes heat, the fluid expands, putting the
brakes on.
        Nissan solved theis with shims under the master cylinder. (others used
adjustable linkages)  You need to add shims between the mc and firewall
to give just a little bit (1/16" is plenty) of free play- that is, the
plunger that pushes into the mc needs to be completely unloaded.  THe
"get you home" fix is to use a couple of washers as shims!
Hope this solves it,
Toby

Mark Dent wrote:

> All