Re: Question: What primer to use?

To: dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Question: What primer to use?
From: BERKEN@aol.com
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 1999 22:54:57 EDT
In a message dated 07/08/1999 10:58:03 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu writes:

<< Hello All
        I two have been thinking about doing my own prep to save money...
 I have noticed that JC Whitney sells an airless paint sparayer for
 automotive applications.  Like a wagner power painter but this one
 is designed specifically for automotive type paints.  I think it was
 like 80 bucks.  Might this be a good comprimise for theh do it your
 selfer???  As opposed to the huge expense of buying a good compresser
 spray gun and all that stuff???
        I was thinking about using this to spray on several coats of
 thin primer.
                Daniel
                69 2000
 >  >>

Daniel,
I don't know if it will work or not, but you wouldn't have a lot to lose.  I
have used airless sprayers before, but for latex house paint, so I don't know
what the difference would be.  If you do try it, try one panel first and see
how it comes out.  The nice thing about primer is that it is very soft and
even if you mess it up, you can wet sand it off again.  Let us know if you
try it.

Joseph Berkenbile
70 1600
Albuquerque