Stereo install update

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Stereo install update
From: "Kyle Hagemann" <kyle@sonic.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 08:51:51 -0700
Hi all:

Hope I'm not getting in anyone's way, but since there was so
much input on my stereo hookup yesterday, I figured I'd keep
y'all abreast as I go...

So last night, I looked hither and yon for an up-front location
for the 6.5" speakers.  As many would guess, *that* is not
happening;-)  (note, though, it looks like I might be able to
put 6.5" three-ways in the back and 4" components up front - but
that's a future project)

That means into the rear panels with 'em, like it or not.
Compromises, compromises.  I removed the rear panels, in pretty
sad shape, FWIW (hey - does anyone produce repro panels?) and
got out my trusty die-grinder.  Ho-ho!  A zillion sparks later,
I had enlarged the top-most 5.25" mounting holes to fit the
6.5".  I had some foam-ish speaker surrounds (think of
soft-molded speaker boxes) that went into the holes to keep
things tight.  Rear panels on over the top,
screw-screw-screw-screw and I was done.

Just for chucks, I hooked 'em up to my aging Alpine tape deck's
outputs, no crossovers.  Yech.  I mean, double yech.  Either the
stereo (25x2 max, so that's probably 10x2 RMS) doesn't have the
guts to drive these speakers, or they just aren't meant for
full-frequency inputs.

Tonight, the tweeters and CD player (21W RMS!); wish me luck!

     ____  Kyle Hagemann, Born-Again Grease Monkey From Beyond
 _.;(____\____    72 240Z, L28, 5spd, poly, etc. - The Z-Beast
|  _ |   |  _'@`, 69 2000, U20, shagadelic baby! - El Projecto
`-(@)------(@)-;  84 Maxima, 280ZX in sedan disguise - Mr. Max
http://www.sonic.net/~kyle 240Z tech info, Win95/8 theme, etc.

          "Experience is a crutch for the ingrained...."