Safty question.

To: Datsun Roadster <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Safty question.
From: "Eric R. Wittinger" <wittiner@ee.pdx.edu>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 07:50:08 -0700 (PDT)
HI all, I noticed a noise coming from the front end on the way home from
work the other day.  So I pulled over to take a look, everything looked
fine except the passanger front wheel could be wiggled a little bit and
when wiggled it made the "noise".  I looked closer and noticed that the
idler arm box center shaft peices moved when I wiggled the tire, a little
up and down and side to side.

After futher inspection and putting in some grease nothing looks broken on
the outside (my first thought), so what is possible wrong, and could have
caused this sudden problem.  Most importatnly is it safe to keep driving?
I know if it breaks, there goes the steering, and I really would not like
to have that happen.  I plan on replacing it, but I also don't want it to
happen agin.

Thanks for any thoghts or sugestions.

Eric
66 1600 parked (old daily driver
67.5 1600 new daily driver
67.5 1600 in process race car

| Eric R Wittinger                             |
| Pacific Northwest National Laboratory        |
| NSD Radiological and Chemical Sciences Group |
| Web page            www.ee.pdx.edu/~wittiner |
| Email               wittiner@EE.pdx.edu      |
| Email (work)        Eric.Wittinger@pnl.gov   |