back from Carlisle

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: back from Carlisle
From: MMJB28A@prodigy.com ( CRAIG HALSTED)
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 10:23:19, -0500
got back from Carlisle around midnight last night. weather was the
best we've ever had for Import festival. altogether 6 roadsters were
there, and a few more Roadster people. someone brought a kind of
rough early '67 1600 they were trying to get $2200 for, there was a
complete 2000 fairly heavily bondo'd with 82k miles, painted bumpers,
and die grinder interpretations of fender/quarter to rocker panel
lines. he'd been offered $1800 as of saturday morning and the car and
trailer were gone in the afternoon. I brought a '68 2000 that had NOS
fenders on it, very solid except mud in rear wheelwell arches and had
been hit previously in RR quarter and not well repaired- had been
painted, came with a 65k mile U20 drivetrain I brought in the back of
the truck and the American Racing wirebasket option wheels- decent
grille and bumpers-  dropped from asking $3k to $2500 and didn't even
get an offer all weekend. could have probably done better if I had
taken the car apart and sold it by the piece. go figure. Teddy S.
drove out from Philly in his 2000 and I never even got to see it.
there were a couple very nice (I was told) 1600's out on the show
field I didn't get to see either. that's the problem with being a
vendor. Ian, Jim, Ken, Mike, Kurt and Lisa, Paul, Ben ,Bonnie of the
Ohio Z club and a few other familiar folks stopped by to visit.
enjoyed seeing everybody. had 163 e-mails when I got back and
probably half of them were this HLJ order cancelled crap....so nice
out today I think I'll have to fire up the one roadster I have
registered and take a run. the one I took to Carlisle is out front on
the trailer and is nice enough that it makes my driver look like
crap! sounds like the New England folks had a nice get-together,
maybe next time I'll be around to join in.

Craig Halsted
upstate NY
roadsters