Longer wheel studs

To: Ross <datsun@istar.ca>
Subject: Longer wheel studs
From: Mark Coffin <coffinm@mail.ecu.edu>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 12:37:56 -0400
Hi all,

While searching for longer OEM wheel studs, I came up with a
discovery.  My dad has long been involved with Chevy corvairs,
and when I asked him about wheel studs for the roadster he
noted that both use 7/16" studs.  The hole in the roadster
hubs are 0.450", same as Corvairs.  The studs' major/minor
knurl diameters are the same too.

The Corvair replacement studs are about 1/2" longer, allowing
for a thicker alloy wheel.  They should just press in with no
problems.  This way I don't have to redrill the hubs for
metric (12mm) studs.  These studs are available on several
Corvair parts websites such as Clark's Corvair Parts, etc.

Hope this helps!

Mark Coffin
68 2000, currently in many, many pieces...
SRL311-04425
Winterville, NC