Re: Roll Bar

To: "Rick & Robin 68-1600" <rjgusa@kalama.com>,
Subject: Re: Roll Bar
From: "Doutre, Chris" <chris_doutre@ibm.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 1999 19:44:30 -0700
Rick,

If I understand your setup, it does seem narrow. The roll bar I bought from
Rallye has four mounting plates. The main hoop goes completely across the
car just behind the seats and mounts to the lower part of the floor in front
of the wheel wells. It comes within a half inch of the side panel on both
sides. In addition, there are two diagonal braces that go from the sides of
the hoop to mounting plates on the "back seat" deck between the wheels.

Have a look at Gordon Glasgow's roll bar. It looks similar to mine but his
has a third (side-to-side) diagonal brace. I guess you need that if you're
serious. http://www.gordon-glasgow.org/Images/mycar2.jpg

BTW, my insurance guy asked me to submit my insurance photos without the
roll bar. He understands that it's a safety feature but he was worried that
the office types might think I was racing it and invoke some weird exclusion
policy. Fortunately, I had taken many photos of the car before I installed
the 16 bolts (with under-car nuts).

Good luck with your roll bar installation.

Chris Doutre
'67 1600
SPL311-08127
Sunny Scottsdale, Arizona