shortened front springs

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: shortened front springs
From: pshirley <pshirley@micron.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 21:44:18 -0800
I recently installed a set of factory shortened race springs and KYB
gas-adjust shocks on the front of my 69 2L auto-xer.  My total vertical
travel has been decreased down to 1 inch total.  This is after cutting
down the rubber stops so the steering connecting rod just clears the
frame when the suspension is compressed.  I'm afraid this will put a lot
of stress on the frontend during hard cornering and hitting bumps.

What should I do?  Seems there are a few options.  I would like feedback
on which option is the correct method.

1. I could go back to the original springs.  Yuk, front end sits way to
high.

2. Have the original springs cut or heat treated to go down 1 inch.

3. Make some sort of spacer to go under the short springs to raise the
height another    inch.

Thanks,  Paul