Check your carb fluid!

To: "240-Z Club" <240z-club@PEAK.ORG>, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Check your carb fluid!
From: Kyle Hagemann <kyle@sonic.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 10:40:32 -0800
Hi everyone!

Just a quickie note:

I found that my 240Z (L28/E88/SM/SU) was kinda funky and jumpy at low-rpm,
off-idle, especially when it's cold outside.

I got weary of putting up with it and driving with the choke, so this
morning, I looked at the carb fluid.  Shonuff, the fluid is just about
gone.  I added the proper amount of ATF (somewhere between the two marks on
the carb dipsticks) , and WOW!!!!

Now, even before the Beast gets fully warm, I can just shut that choke off.
 Nice.  Throttle response is smooth and easily modulated.  Car has better
torque throughout the RPM range, since the carb pistons are not jumping all
over the damn place.  It's still a hotrod, don't get me wrong, but it
nearly "feels" like EFI...

So, to all of you who are "putting up with" jumpy funky SUs, check your
carb fluid.  You'll be glad you did.

Kyle
     ____  Kyle Hagemann, Born-Again Grease Monkey From Beyond
 _.;(____\____    72 240Z, L28, 5spd, poly, etc. - The Z-Beast
|  _ |   |  _'@`, 66 1600, Daily Driver - For Sale! $3,250 /bo
`-(@)------(@)-;  69 2000, U20, goes like stink - no name yet!
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- 84 Maxima, 280ZX in sedan disguise - Mr. Max
http://www.sonic.net/~kyle 240Z tech info, Win95/8 theme, etc.
"What kind of sycophant are you?!"
          "What kind would you like me to be?" -101 Dalmatians