crankshaft shims

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: crankshaft shims
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 13:20:39 -0800
Hi all,

I'm forwarding this to the list because I'm getting a lot of replies today.
All replies repeat what Bob Moranda says, that shims on the crankshaft are
there for lining up the sprocket gears to reduce side load of the chain. A
simple explanation for the shims escaped me!

Thanks to everyone who replied,
Fred - So. San Francisco