Drive To Napa

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Drive To Napa
From: GOAVP@aol.com
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 1999 20:00:12 EST
My wife attended a seminar this weekend at Silverado in Napa, CA.  I traveled
up Saturday afternoon with my 11 yr. old son.  Once we got to Sonoma we were
past the high speed runs on 280 and 101 and we could put the top down.  What a
glorious feeling -- the first time I've been topless in months and it was a
beautiful day with big billowy clouds and the sun shining brightly over the
green feilds and hills sides.  It was still cool, but with the heater on it
was quite nice.  Makes me realize why I put up with the little challenges of
driving this car daily.

By the time I got to Napa, however, things were not all well.  Something in
the clutch hydralics was not right.  I had to pump like heck to get the clutch
to release and then it was not a sure thing.  Lots of grinding into first, and
shifting out of first could be tricky as well.  Funny thing too, since the
clutch master and slave have both been replaced in the last year.

I managed to get home today, but that's it for driving until I get it fixed.

Peter van der Pas
Mtn. View, CA