tire choices

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: tire choices
From: dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 00:09:41 -0800
Hello All,
        Well in anticipation of getting new wheels sooner. I would like
to ask everyones thoughts on tires.  I am looking for a tire that is a
reasonable compromise between all out performance and decent tread
wear.  But if I had to choose I would lean towards perfomance. Ya know I
really  dont drive the car much.
        The tire rack has two on sale that look tempting.  I really cannot
afford ~$150 tires but these look good.

                        Dunlap sp sport 8000 for $85 bucks each
                        Yokohama D509's for $80 bucks each.

        Does anybody have any experience with these tires???

                Thanks for any input,

                        Daniel 69 2000