RE: A Nissan Roadster...?

To: "Hunter, Gary" <ghunt@telxon.com>
Subject: RE: A Nissan Roadster...?
From: pkort@cis.picker.com
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 09:05:49 -0500

  A BMW and a Z .... some how that doesn't even sound right much less look
right.  I sure hope Nissan starts making some better decisions soon.  I saw
the photos of the 2000 Maxima!  Yuk!  They need a signature car to get
people in the show rooms and then a few nice cars to put people on the
road.  While the Maxima SE is a great drivers car but it is still a 4 door!
A nice 2 door coup with the same chassis and drive train would be a nice
start.  Then a 200 HP Altima with a few suspension upgrades ( kind of like
the Ford Contour SVT ).  A new Z, with a SIX cylinder and a entry level
roadster ( 140 HP, 5 speed, $20,000 max ) to round off the lineup and they
might actually have people in their show rooms again.  Or just bring us the
280(?) HP, AWD, turbo, intercooled Skyline; 2 and 4 door!!

Paul
OROC

I went to the auto show in Cleveland and asked Nissan about it and he
showed
me pictures of the concept car.  It looks a lot like a streamed line 240Z,
with the box nose of a BMW.  I didn't care for it at all and he said it was
not very popular with the old Z crowd.