Datsun sighting in Washington

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Datsun sighting in Washington
From: pkort@cis.picker.com
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 07:44:30 -0500

This letter ran on the Opel list over the weekend.  I don't know if any of
it is true, but if I lived in Washington, I might check it out.
Paul OROC

    Hi, this is TJ. I've located some rare and old cars rusting away in the

    woods. The owner's name is Dave B and he has been collecting some
number
    of interesting cars for life. Examples are all kinds of Eropean cars,
be
    it a MB, Porsche, Audi, Fiats, Renaults, Peugeots, Triumph, MG, VW,
Opel,
    SAAB, Volve or Datsun (Japanese). He has about 100s of them piled up in

    the rainforest located in the Indian reservation in Marysville,
    Washington. As I mentioned, they are rusting in the rainforest. I say,
    they are in very rough shape. Don't expect to find a running example.
Some
    has clean and straight body but some are badly rusted. Due to the
moisture
    (It rains more than 200days a year here in NW) in the rainforest,
    interiors are in bad shape. Owner claims that most of cars were running

    when parked so the mechanical parts should be usuable. I would say they

    are best if used as parts car. Good mechanical parts and lots of body
    parts, including chrome pieces, lights and glasses. Some can be
restored
    given there condition but most of them are not worth it even if it's
    possible, (Even a piece of metal can be restore to a car). But it's
FREE
    after all. Pulling some parts off those cars are not an option here,
(Ask
    nicely and may be) and they must be removed from the site ASAP in
complete
    manner. (READ You part it out) He mentioned something about the state
    county officials or something so you know. Dave B. can be contacted at
    360-653-5501 between 10 - 12 PM PST. Yes he likes to get calls from 10
    midnight of any weeknights. He doesn't have an address as he lives out
in
    the wood with a mobil trailer. Call him. Or email him at
    seedave-@webtv.net  (obviously he doesn't check his email often) He
seems
    very nice guy. Good luck guys.

    Taejin, Park
    A Member of Peugeot Club of North America