Frozen fasteners and side trim

To: Datsun Roadsters - Post List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Frozen fasteners and side trim
From: jhatfield@cavemen.net (William Hatfield)
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 1999 16:03:59 -0700
When trying to remove frozen screws there are several methods to try,
first lay the part on a solid surface, insert a proper size screwdriver
and rap it sharply several times with a hammer, if this fails you can
heat the area. (be careful when heating aluminum as it will give no
indication just before it melts like steel does)   If all else fails all
that is left is to drill the head and piece and re tap the hole.
I'm not sure about 67.5s side trim but my 67 has nuts holding the side
trim on, not clips,  each one has a nut, lock washer, and a flat
washer.  Some of them are a real challenge to get to, but it can be
done.  Hope this will help.  Bill