magic potions

To: "datsun-roadsters" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: magic potions
From: shifty <shifty@well.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 10:17:00 -0800
I tried out some new stuff for my pitted chrome - Turtle Wax Chrome
Polish and Rust Remover - and surprisingly, it actually seems to make
things look better. It seems to remove the rust stains from the chrome
surrounding the pits. Also cuts through the haze of dirt covering my
chrome. My hubcaps look fairly good now from 10 feet away, if you squint
;). I did have to scrub quite a bit though.

I also tried that GX27 scratch remover (the stuff from those annoying tv
commercials). It worked fairly well on my white paint. It hides the small
scratches, but won't anything for areas where the paint surface is broken
or torn. I tried it on a friend's British Racing Green Miata and it
didn't seem to work as well. YMMV.

Leigh Brooks
San Francisco