Catalogs & websites

To: "Victor Laury" <vlaury@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Catalogs & websites
From: snyler <snyler@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 99 11:23:50 -0600
Dan Bramhall Wrote:

 It would be cool to put up pictures of the few odd thousand
things we stock on our as yet tiny website but the orders that are
coming in now, today, have to come first.  (If I could only clone
myself).

     As the husband half of a husband & wife business that maintains a
website and produces printed marketing materials as well I can say that
dealing with the website is a heck of a lot easier than dealing with
printing companies, and cheaper too. Website with a domain name is about
$400/year less than the cost of an 8-1/2 x 11 four color flyer (1000
copies).
     The website can easily be kept current, and less expensive B/W
flyers can supplement.
Dan should seriously consider a website, chances are, unless the old
catalog was typed on an Underwood, that the transition, though major, is
quicker than he imagines.

My totally unsolicited $.02

Marc Tyler
1970 1600