Parts Suppliers, General Comments from Sports Car Enthusiast

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Parts Suppliers, General Comments from Sports Car Enthusiast
From: mg boy <mgmidgetboy@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 14:18:07 -0800 (PST)
Gentle"folk",

I have read all of the dialog on suppliers in one sitting (did not
pick up mail since Sunday).  I follow this list in the hopes of
gleaning important insight into the restoration of a 1964 1500.  I own
a 1977 MG Midget.

I have never had a problem getting parts for this car.  Moss Motors
and Victoria British battle it out for supremacy.  Moss is on-line.
VicBrit is not.  I don't know who is in the red and what their
respective market shares are.  They have virtually eliminated all
competition except for bit parts (specialty fasteners, etc).  You
choice on parts is what they carry.  They do not carry fuel tanks for
1977 Midgets and "don't know if they ever will again."  If I don't
like the quality of the products or service, then I must buy from
dealers in England.

The members of this list are a vocal group.  I like the general
commentary on the list.  I have become better informed because of the
commmentary of others.  However, I DO NOT NEED INSIGHT into the
dealings of one list member with another list member or supplier.
That information should be sent to a single e-mail address, not to
everyone.  I have a folder full of "venemous e-mails" that I wrote and
never sent.  I always figured that the recipient of those e-mails
would not necessairly have been more sensitive to my opinion if I
stuffed it down his throat, and yet I continue to write.

I would hate to see a supplier be "boycotted" because they are not
sensitive to the needs of a small group of computer literate.  Change
takes time.  I venture to say that most Roadster owners cannot get
parts locally (ie within a few hours of where they reside).  So,
naturally, any parts must be mail ordered and shipped to your
location.  It seems to me that competition between suppliers is quite
necessary.

I try to remind myself that information does not equal knowledge and
that knowledge does not equal wisdom.  It seems if I do that I am
happier with how I behave towards other folks.

If you "flame" or agree with me do it discretely (e-mail me).  These
comments are DEFINITELY NOT "THREAD
MATERIAL."

Cheers,
Jeff Mathys