fuel problem fixed

To: datsun roadster list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: fuel problem fixed
From: Eric Armstrong <ericarm@cal.alumni.berkeley.edu>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 17:36:57 -0800 (PST)
Hi Everyone -

Fixed my fuel problem on my '66 1600 with some phone support from the guys
at CDM.

Turns out the 'needle' in the intake assembly on my front SU's float bowl
was getting stuck in the closed position and starving those cylinders for
fuel. After the car stalled out and I took the float bowl lid off to make
this diagnosis, I found the only way to get the needle unstuck was to rap
on it's back end until it rotated a bit and fell out into my hand.

Thanks much to all who sent me suggestions for the fix -- your help is
most appreciated!

If any BADROC'ers need some filter screens for their banjo bolts, I've now
got a set of these I can't use (my carbs don't use these screens).  Say
the word and I'll bring 'em to our next cruise!  By the way, when is that?

-Eric

Eric Armstrong
phone: (510) 502-5984
e-mail: ericarm@alum.calberkeley.org