Re: gas tank/radiator est.

To: bilis@napanet.net (Eric Jackson), datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: gas tank/radiator est.
From: dtn <noji@mail.ahc.umn.edu>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 16:18:06 -0600
>I have a tank and radiator that sat around for about 12 years.  Does anyone
>know what the cost should be to have them restored?  They don't leak, they
>just have rust and gook inside.

Eric,

Just a warning.  I had a radiator that had sat around for ~9 years.  When I
took it out there were no problems that I knew of.  I went to get it tested
and low and behold there were a handfull of pin holes.  Sitting out in the
elements without antifreeze allowed for increased corrosion.  Get them
pressure tested before spending the time and effort to install them.

Dana