hesitation under acceleration

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: hesitation under acceleration
From: DemonTSi@aol.com
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 00:18:48 EST
Hey all, decided to take the car out for a spin today and encountered an
interesting problem. Last week I had temporarily solved my overflowing carb
problem by replacing my fuel pressure regulator (running with an electric fuel
pump). After that, the car ran and idled well, but it was slowly losing power.
Well here's the killer now: if I let it idle for a little while, everything in
fine and dandy. So I can take off in first with no problem, and with full
power. But by about the time I shift to 2nd or 3rd, the engine starts to lose
power. It seems to stutter and hesitate. Especially if I gas it. So if I coast
off to the side of the road and let it idle for a bit (about 30sec), it'll
either return to normal operating condition, or shut off completely. And even
if it does go back to "normal," the whole process will repeat itself once I
take off again. I wish I had more daylight time to work on the car, but I have
classes during the day! So I'm hoping someone can throw some ideas at me for
things to check out quickly....sounds like it's a fuel delivery problem for
sure...
Thanks again to all.

Van