Re: Are You a Datsun Roadster Maniac?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, gboone@sisna.com
Subject: Re: Are You a Datsun Roadster Maniac?
From: walter@omni.sps.mot.com (Thomas Walter)
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 99 11:40:29 CST
>YOU MIGHT BE A DATSUN ROADSTER MANIAC IF .........
>1.  Your email address refers to your roadster than to you.

Note my "correct" email address is walter@roadster.sps.mot.com
"omni" will replace roadster, as it is a mail server.

>2.  It doesn't bother you to buy new roadster parts when you don't know
>where you put your spares.

What, we are spossed to use the spares first? No, I just "rotate"
the old stock and always keep things like floats, brake lines,
and other things in the garage in case someone in need stops by.

>3.  You bought a second roadster before buying a house.

Of course!

>4.  You spend the money to restore your roadster before buying furniture
>for the new house.

I have a new Carbeu car seat sitting in the family room. Isn't
that furniture?

>5.  You're looking for a parts car and still haven't bought furniture.

Never can have enough.

>6.  You find that you need a new house because your collection of
>roadsters has outgrown your garage.

Built a 10' x 18' shed to house a roadster, and spare's.

>7.  You sit in your roadster in a dark garage and make car noises and
>shift, while waiting for your motor to get back from the machine shop.

Keeps the motivation up.

>8.  Your garage holds more roadsters than your house has bedrooms.

Even par. Four bedroom house, four Datsun's around the house.

>9.  You have enough roadster spare parts to build another car.

Of course.

>10.  More than one roadster parts supplier recognizes your voice and
>greets you by name when you call.

You mean it is not my voice?

>11.  You have roadster parts in your cubicle at work.

Only a few under my desk. Oh, I did build a distributor machine
for checking distributor curves... I'll keep it in the lab at
work.

Micheal's calender makes a nice addition to the cubical.

>12.  Your Christmas list begins with a set of Koni shocks and Panasports
>for your roadster (and your significant other knows what these are).

Sigh, still waiting for the KONI's

>13.  People know you by your roadster's year and color.

Excuse me, someone is knocking at my cubicle...

OF KIDS:

Picked up the latest fun machine. '99 Maxima SE. Basic package,
no sun roof, key fobs, but lots of fun.

Pulled up and picked up the kids at school. When I got home,
Liam (age 6) asked for me to pop the hood so he could see the
engine!

Emerson, 8,looked for a few minutes, and commented "I thought they
had four cylinders, glad you got the six cylinder".

Think it is in the gene's?

Cheers,

Tom Walter
'63 1200 "Bluebird" Sedan - needs restoring.
'67 2000
'68 2000
'71  510 -- electric someday
'99 Maxima SE -- How do I get that engine into a roadster?