New Z and the RX7

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: New Z and the RX7
From: "Ian Miller" <ianmiller9@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 06:12:09 PST
Well looks like more competion for the new Z.  The Feburary issue of Car
and Driver announces the Mazda RX7 will return to the market.  It says
we should see the new RX7 at the Tokyo Show later this year.  It will
likely be based on the Miata platform and yep you guessed it...it will
return with a rotary motor.  They say the new model won't be as fast as
the model that disapeared a few years ago, but it will be less
expensive.  Uhoh sounds like trouble for the Z.  I really hope Nissan
does well with the new Z because maybe it will prove to them that they
can be a serious car maker and still produce fun and interesting cars.

Ian Miller
66 1600