Mixing pleasure with a little business

To: Datsun Roadsters <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Mixing pleasure with a little business
From: "Les/Dennis@CDM" <les@classicdatsun.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 19:28:16 -0800
For those of you that may be interested I will be hosting a small get
together at the shop this coming Sat the 20th of Feb and the guest of
honor will be the gentleman who designed the Datsun Roadster that many
of us own and enjoy. He will have some original drawings and info that
shows this design dating back to 1958 he will be availible for some
questions and autographs. I would really like to have a bunch of
roadsters here (as if I don't already)because he was quite surprised to
find out there was a big roadster following. If you wish to attend
please let me know by Thurs the 18th so I can plan for some refreshments
and possibly some  food or snacks. This is short notice but I only
pinned down the details this morning. Barrie will be attending so there
will be a story of this amazing designer for Z car magazine for those
that cannot attend.

On a fun note some of you know that I went to Japan in Dec and I have
not really talked about it yet but part of the trip was to find and
import some of the cool and fun stuff that is hard to find here or too
expensive to order from Japan with shipping costs. I am working on
bringing in some of the more popular models of our cars in all the sizes
I can find. You all have seen the 1/43 scale metal cars that are on one
of the websites Well I hope to have more soon, as our first supply has
dwindled to just 3, the first ones went to friends and requests. The 3 I
have left for sale are 2 red ones with the conv.top up and one white one
with a black hardtop and they will be $38 plus a few bucks shipping I
hope to get better pricing by getting larger quantities and other styles
and colors.

Also have 1 of the 1/32 Datsun roadster models that came with a diorama
I have heard that this body can be adaapted to the 1/32 slot car chassis
these models are not the most detailed but are cool to have and only $12
plus a couple bucks to ship.

And the best for last I have 2 of the 1/10th scale Radio Control Datsun
Roadster bodies left at $45 plus shipping these are almost 18 inches
long and fit the standard electric chassis(Tamiya etc.) I finished mine
in Dec and managed to crash it into the wall right off the bat and wreck
the front fender and headlight ring(sounds about right)so now its just
like some of my real ones.

If any of you wish to have any of these items I will take the first
calls or E-mails and notify the people that are first for these items
and then will start making a list of interested people for each of the
other items. If you do not hear back from me you probably were not
first.

As you know we are trying to make the Datsun experience a special one
and that includes the real car and the novelty and fun stuff too. please
watch for a whole new section of the website devoted to the fun and
collectables.

Thanks for indulging me and watch for a story about the Nismo festival
at Fuji speedway in Sport Compact Car in the future.
LES