Pulling the tranny

To: a roadster list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Pulling the tranny
From: Toby B <toby@wolfenet.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 22:58:57 -0800
Another leaky spot
        is the breather hole on top, towards the tailshaft.  If you stand the
thing right up on end and leave it for a while, it'll ooze, as it will
if you let it flop onto its side after you get it all the way out and
onto the floor...  Don't break the breather- some are plastic, some are
metal- as they seem to be getting hard to find.  Were they used on any
other Nissan tranny?
        I usually just drain the things.  Gawd, does that stuff stink.  Anyone
know exactly why?  I hear it's mineral based?
Toby