Brakes

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Brakes
From: "Chris Brucciani" <Chris_Brucciani@mminet.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 10:19:48 -0500

Mark Dent Wrote:

After thinking about the Toyota caliper conversion I have a few
questions.

1. The calipers are from a 78-82 2wd pickup right?
2. Do I need new rotors or will stock work? 68 1600
3. Are they easy or hard to get?
4. is it an easy, bolt on job or do I need other things?
5 Is it more than stock calipers or cheaper or about the same $$

There is an interesting blurb on this in the most recent ZCCD (Roadster
makes cover - Yeah!) magazine.  In the tech column they discussed the
merits of the Toyota upgrade for a Z car.  It seems that unless vented
rotors are available, the additional stopping power is not that great.
This really surprised me, as I have contemplated the upgrade for quite some
time for my Z.  Referring to question #4 above, it does not appear to be
very difficult.  There are some mods that have to be made however.  Can
anyone else comment on this?  Also check out
http://www.sonic.net/~kyle/ztech.html.  I think this is a great site.