Re: Fwd: Pulling the Engine

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fwd: Pulling the Engine
From: Gordon Glasgow <glasgow@serv.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 21:33:39 -0800
At 10:29 AM 2/12/99 -0600, Ronnie Day wrote:
>Need to store one or more of these fairly small motors we play with? Take
>a 15 by 20 piece of 3/4 plywood and put casters on the corners of one
>side. Make sure at least two, if not all, of the casters swivel. Screw a
>couple lengths of 2 by 2 (or 2 by 4) on the top side spaced to support
>the block on the pan rails. Pull the pan and the flywheel and rotate the
>crank so that no throws are in the way. You can set the engine on this
>and move it around your shop/garage by yourself.

Or take it one small step farther and build a "box" out of 2x8's on top of
the plywood, sized so that the whole oil pan will drop down into the box
and, again, the engine sits on the pan rails. That way you can keep the oil
pan in place to keep crud out of the engine. Inside dimension of the box is
9" by 18".
Gordon Glasgow
Renton, WA
http://www.gordon-glasgow.org