Re: gas flow questions

To: ggerding@tconl.com
Subject: Re: gas flow questions
From: BERKEN@aol.com
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 23:32:11 EST
In a message dated 2/12/99 1:29:33 PM Mountain Standard Time,
ggerding@tconl.com writes:

<< *The rear carburetor occasionally sticks closed not allowing gas to enter
    the float chamber.  When I take it apart, I can't see anything wrong and
    and when I put it back together, it normally starts working again.  Any
    ideas?

 Thanks,

 Gary Gerding, 1967 SPL311, Omaha, NE

Gary,
Replace the needle and seats assemblies. They are cheap and most likely
causing the problem. If you look at a worn one really closely you'll see the
pointy end has a groove on it that gets hung up on the seat.  Also if you put
an inline filter (paper) filter on the line somewhere, this will be more
effective than the sediment bowl at removing fine grit.

Joseph Berkenbile
70 1600
Albuquerque