Re: windshield install

To: stickerman@home.com
Subject: Re: windshield install
From: BERKEN@aol.com
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 10:09:11 EST
In a message dated 2/9/99 10:55:56 AM Mountain Standard Time,
stickerman@home.com writes:

<< All,

 Scott Perschke in PA is looking for pointers when installing a
 windshield in his 69 2L. Please respond to

  sperschke@novascreen.com.
 --

 Mark
 Baltimore

Scott,
I recently put one back in my 70.  IF yours does NOT have the chrome trim
around it, it's pretty easy.  You have a new weatherstrip, right?  put the
weatherstrip around the windshield, then wrap a rope all the way around the
w/s in the groove where it fits over the lip on the body.  I used a regular
nylon rope a little smaller that my little finger, but about anything will
work if not too big.  Leave the two loose ends at the bottom.  Place the
windshield and w/s on the car and push it around till well centered on the
frame. Start pulling the rope into the car at the bottom center, so that it
pulls the weatherstrip over the lip, then just continue all the way around on
both sides, ending up in the middle on top.  You might need some soapy water
spray, but mine was pliable enough I got by without it.  Took about half hour.

Now IF you have the chrome (stainless?) mouldings around the windshield, Tom
Phelan tells me, it's much trickier and you put the mouldings on BEFORE
installing it.

Good luck.

Joseph  Berkenbile
70 1600  (Finally painted and back on the road!)
Albuquerque