Re: Alloy Wheel inserts

To: "Chris, Dianna, Corinne and Miles White" <cwhite@worldnetla.net>,
Subject: Re: Alloy Wheel inserts
From: Ronnie Day <rday@cyberramp.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 12:02:59 -0600
>Anyone know a vendor who may have steel inserts for Empi Panasport alloy
>wheels.These would be the inserts that will permit me to use acorn style
>lugs with these wheels. I have 4 wheels in Atlanta being refinished and
>they cannot locate the proper insert. Help???
>
>Have seen many messages about this. Must be a vendor who specializes in
>this stuff on the west coast or somewhere.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>

>C.F. White
>68 SRL 311-05468
>Email: cwhite@worldnetla.net
>FT Polk, LA

Chris,

Check with Paul Spruell(sp?) in Altanta. If they don't have them, they
should be able to refer you. Sorry I don't have a number handy, but I
found it originally in the back (classifieds) of Sports Car. I'll see if
I can find it latter today and send it to you.

If the wheels weren't originally equipped with the inserts, they may not
work, and in any case you'd probably have to get the wheels machined for
the inserts.

HTH, Ron

Ronnie Day
rday@cyberramp.net
Dallas/Ft. Worth
'71 510 2-dr (Prepared class autocrosser)
'73 510 2-dr (Street Toy)