<all> ZCCD magazines, calendars and such

To: 240z-club <240z-club@peak.org>,
Subject: <all> ZCCD magazines, calendars and such
From: Marc Sayer <msayer1@concentric.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 04:56:10 -0800
Well anyone who ordered a calendar, or placed a 2 yr. subscription with
a free calendar, before Nov. 24th should either have their calendar by
now or should get it in the next few days. Orders placed after that time
are being processed now and should be shipped within the next few weeks.
For those of you who have already gotten your copies please, if you
liked the calendar, tell your friends. And let me know what you think of
them as I am already working on next year's.

As for the infamous issue 14, I spoke with the printers today and it is
done. It should be bagged and ready to go to the post office by the
26th, or so they say. The post office can take from 2 days to 2 weeks to
get it to your door, but anyone who hasn't gotten their copy by end of
the 2nd week of feb. should let me know. The exception to that is if you
started your subscription after Nov. 24th. In that case you were too
late ot make it on the regular mailing list and your copy will be
shipped to you from my office rather than from the printers. This means
it may take a bit longer to get to you. Also if you sent in a change of
address since Nov. 24th, the issue will be sent to your old address. I
have yet to hear of a case of the post office forwarding the magazine,
despite the fact that they apparently tell people they will. On the plus
side this issue launches our new 64 page format with more stuff and
expanded stories.

We look to be near to on-time with the next issue, the March/April
issue. At this point it looks like a late March release date. This issue
will launch our center spread cutaway drawing series and our original
artwork covers, both by Shin Yoshikawa.

Lastly I want to remind folks that in addition to selling magazines and
calendars, we are also selling books. We have in stock right now, both
the English and the rare original Japanese versions of the book "Mr. K."
We are selling them separately but also in collector's sets with both
the English *and* Japanese versions for those of you who are really into
this. The Japanese version has not sold well and is hard as hen's teeth
to find. We heard from the publisher that they have essentially pulled
it from the market. We also have Brian Long's book "Datsun Z, Fairlady
to 280Z". For those of you who have been waiting for his next book, word
is that the next installment in Brian's Datsun Z series has been put on
hold indefinitely. I spoke with him in Detroit in Oct. and then again in
Japan in Dec. and he indicated that the British publisher did not want
to publish the book while the exchange rate with the US was so
unfavorable. So unless the US economy takes a downturn or Britain's
takes a sudden upturn, the book will remain "out of stock" indefinitely.

--
Marc Sayer
Editor/Publisher