Re: Carburetor Gaskets

To: "HUBBARD, Charles E." <chubbard@shl.com>,
Subject: Re: Carburetor Gaskets
From: Ronnie Day <rday@cyberramp.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 18:51:09 -0600
>Does anyone know where I can get a cheap set of the flat gaskets that go on
>either side of the Phenolic Block Gasket (the  big rubber gaskets that are
>between the carburetors and the intake manifold).  There is nothing special
>about them but Nissan lists them for $12.32/each (part #16175-A5101).  I
>think this is way too high considering that you need two per carb.
>
>I know someone who would be willing to have them made if there were enough
>people to justify the creation of a die set.

Charles,

Other than cutting you own, which shouldn't be real hard if these are the
simple flat material I think they are, there are a couple of non-Nissan
possibilities. There are a couple of old BAP foreign places, one on the
north side of Northwest Hwy (across from the  Gentleman's clubs) and the
other one, also on NW Hwy, but out east near the Honda place west of
Jupiter.

Being in Arlington, I get a lot of my non dealer stuff from Steve's
Foreign in Ft. Worth, on West Vickery west of University. Talk to Jim
Grimes up at Courtesy. Both Courtesy and Bankston (Irving and Preston)
give Z-club discounts, although Courtesy is a little more liberal as to
who. All of the parts folks there are great and Joe Flores, the service
manager, used to race roadsters and 510's. Now, if I could just get there
from here! <G>

HTH, Ron

Ronnie Day
rday@cyberramp.net
Dallas/Ft. Worth
'71 510 2-dr (Prepared class autocrosser)
'73 510 2-dr (Street Toy)