Roadster Rambles......

To: datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Roadster Rambles......
From: "Datsun Roadster" <datsun65@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 1999 23:59:32 PST
In the last two weeks I have met two roadster owners that were driving
their Datsuns around the San Francisco Bay Area. Both owners aren't on
email/net. What really surprised me was both owners drive their cars
full-time.

One owner had a white '70 1600 with wire rims and a black hardtop. The
Datsun has been his driver for the past 10 years!!!!!(Located in Redwood
City, CA)

The other had a '70 1600, red with black hardtop. Been his daily driver
for the past 3+ years. (Located in Mountain View, CA)

Really great talking with these guys...Nice to know that the roadster
can truely be used as a "real Car".

Next.....
For the Holidays, I travelled to Plano,Texas. I took a daytrip to a tiny
town about 3 hours east of Dallas, called Jefferson. Small town: Baptist
Church, Antique Stores, Country Bakery, Bayou, etc.

Looking in an OLD antique store & found a neat advertisement for a 67
1600 - DRIVE A DATSUN THEN DECIDE!. It was from a 1967 edition of
PLAYBOY!  The ad had a nice picture of both a race prepared 1500 & the
67.5 1600.

Finally...
Earlier today, I saw an ad on http://ebay.com for a Datsun SRL 5spd
transmission in the Texas area. As of earlier today, the price was at 10
dollars. Though it was a reserved price auction, this may be a good deal
for someone.

Regards,

Dan Zubkoff
San Mateo, CA