Re: Anyone on this list - Yes!!

To: chapman-era@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Anyone on this list - Yes!!
From: john donohoe <gt6driver@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 11:12:23 -0800 (PST)
Yeah, I figured that was the case... so do you three
guys even care about my simplesevens web page? I guess
I thought I was hitting some other "Chapman Era" Lotus
Seven owners out there.

Seriously, I guess there've been about dozen replies -
still hardly enough to flood the list like the blasted
Triumphs list that I finally signed off after deleting
100 posts a day while reading the two auto related
postings! (okay I exaggerated - a little)

So can we all maybe hit the list with the basics -
what car we're into and why we're on this list in the
first place? I'm going to draw the line at a list
based web site like I did for the Seven - I really
would like to but I just don't have the time...

There, is that the record for longest message to this
list?

BTW I love my 'Simple'Seven because the little light
on the dash of my Explorer keeps saying "check engine"
and I haven't a clue why! I looked, and the engine is
still there! The dealer told me he can turn it off for
$150.00, but that it won't hurt anything to drive it
the way it is... big sigh!

I am also fascinated by the racing history of the
early cars like yours, Brett. So what else have we got
here?

Cheers :-)

John Donohoe
1961 Lotus Seven America, road car

--- Phil Ethier <pethier@isd.net> wrote:
> >You may reply directly to me so as not to "flood
> the
> >list"
>
> Thanks for that chuckle.  Chuckle, heck.  Full-on
> laugh.  Until my eye watered.
>  This list has the lightest traffic of any I have
> been on.  Maybe because it
> is based on the lightest cars.
>
> Phil Ethier
or bid at http://auctions.yahoo.com