Re: Original Classic Elan Steering Wheel

To: "A. Sta. Maria" <atocha@globe.com.ph>
Subject: Re: Original Classic Elan Steering Wheel
From: Mike Causer <mikec@dial.drakken.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 21:36:57 +0100
"A. Sta. Maria" wrote:

> My wife will be in London for a few days.  I asked her to see whether she
> can bring back an original steering wheel for our Lotus 45 (Elan S4).  Would
> anyone know where she can get one?

Do you mean an original secondhand one or a newly produced replica?   A real
old one would mean finding an old car being broken for parts -- which people
don't really do now, but perhaps the Beaulieu Autojumble mught throw one up.

As far as know the only reproductions since the '70s have been made by
Peter Day, and I don't think he has any left because he was talking about
making another batch.   Paul Matty may still have one of Peter's first
batch.

In any case it's going to cost a few hundreds of pounds, about 350 for the
new ones and betwen 200 and 500 is asked for the old ones.

Mike