TTR

To: "Jeff Cocking" <jeff@cocking.com>
Subject: TTR
From: "A. Sta. Maria" <atocha@globe.com.ph>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 05:53:56 +0800
Hello Jeff,

TTR stands for Tony Thompson Racing, an English shop run by Tony Thompson,
who has been campaigning a 26R for several years and probably has had the
most experience with the model in Europe.  He sells standard Lotus
galvanized frames and also what he calls "26R" frames.  These look like the
standard Elan frame but have a great deal of gussetting and strengthening.
Tony says they are made more accurately than the Lotus item, for which
reason h refuses to galvanize them (heat distortion).  I prefer them to
Spyder frames because of historical reasons (Elan frames -- the precursor of
the Lotus monocoque -- are supposed to be sheet metal), but this is a
personal choice.

TTR also has many goodies for the Elan:

    magnesium rear uprights, bell housing, differential cover, wheels
    aluminum gearbox tailcase, differential nosepiece, upper rear strut
mount (w/ spherical bearings)
    a-arms, either nylon bushed or rod ends
    aluminum radiator
    lightweight aluminum knock-offs (spinners) and hubs to suit
    aluminum front calipers with larger discs
    lightweight body sections
    narrow rear springs to accommodate the wider magnesium rims
    Koni and Spax adjustable dampers

If you get carried away, you might have very little original on the car.  An
expensive proposition, so be careful.

I can photocopy his catalog and mail it to you, if you are interested.

Regards,

Andres
Manila
Lotus 23 and 45