Re: New guy...

To: "chapman era" <chapman-era@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: New guy...
From: "andrew" <andden@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 1998 07:33:25 +1300

-----Hi Mark
I run my 750 in absolutely standard form except for a baffle plate in the
sump and a pair of 1.25 SU Carbs. The inlet manifold is the old Climax
downdraft with a blank across the carb fitting and 2 stubs welded in.   The
experts tell me to leave everything else alone as they cannot be improved.

At Pukekohe raceway off Mobol Mountain I am pulling 6500 RPM in top with a
Sprite close ratio G/B a 4.1 BMC diff and 15" wheels.  My calculation is
this is over 100MPH.  Not bad when compared with UK 750's using unlimited
tuned motors in their cars. Lovely little engines with unlimited revs if
you have the guts to use them.

Please keep me posted if he does try anything with the engine and what he
does.

Good to here from you

Regards

Andrew