Re: [British-cars] Morris Minor Van Available in Los Angeles

To: Linda Grunthaner <grunthaner@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [British-cars] Morris Minor Van Available in Los Angeles
From: rfeibusch1@earthlink.net
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2009 10:20:25 -0500 (EST)
-----Original Message-----

From: Linda Grunthaner
Sent: Dec 5, 2009 6:16 AM
To: rfeibusch1@earthlink.net
Cc: british-cars@autox.team.net

Looks cool but I'd like to see that work on the new frame rail. Also is that
really a factory color? Looks useful ether way.

Lin

Dear Lin,

This is a message from the seller below - It would be best to ask him for
details and more pictures if you are interested. I know the seller and he has
rebuilt a number of Minors over the years and knows how to do it right.

This is not a restoration shop job.  If it were, the price would be $15 - 20K.
It is a solid old car that has been repaired correctly, painted (inside and
out) and upholstered, as well as being mechanically updated. The color is not
one that was available in the US (most came in light or dark green or light or
dark gray - I have owned two vans and both were originally light gray (both
were also repainted other colors).  There were only about 110 vans officially
imported by BMC (many used as parts delivery vehicles by BMC dealers) but many
more were privately imported since, more recently from Australia and New
Zealand - I have no idea how many are here now.

This one appears to be a nice driver that shows well, but not a show car. As
for the price, a car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it.  That is
why Ebay is so popular - the public determines the value as of the week of the
posting.... One could not find and buy, then refurbish one to this quality for
the price asked here. It is up to prospective buyers to determine the value
TODAY.

Best,

Rick Feibusch
British Car Network
Venice, California
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Randy Williams wrote:

I think there is only one other Morris Minor Van for sale but it is a right
hand drive
try www.jaxed.com

I have put it on e-bay with more pictures
see link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290376974202&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT

Randolph Williams
<dolphnx@aol.com>