Iowa British/European Car Show Photos

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Iowa British/European Car Show Photos
From: Ric Johnson <johnsonr@dwx.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 23:38:55 -0500
After years of lurking here I'll actually send my second post in the same
day...

On July 17th the Iowa British Car Club (celebrating our 20th anniversary
this year) held our first show of the year featuring not only our beloved
British cars, but we also invited anything interesting from across the pond
to participate as well. This was a free, non-competitive show and to our
surprise we drew in excess of 100 cars, somewhat over half British and a
strange assortment of new and old European iron. In addition to a good
assortment of MGs, Triumphs. Jags, Austin-Healeys and old and new Minis the
British contingent was augmented by less familiar marques including an
Arnolt-Bristol, Singer, Riley Elf, a very rare Daimler, a Rolls, and even
an RX-7 powered box Sprite. The European contingent was made up of
everything from early Citroens (including one converted to a Chevy powered
street rod!), 3 SAAB 92s, Porsche 356s (real and replica), to a DeTomaso
Pantera, Ferrari 308 and a new VW Phaeton.

Photos are available at www.ric-johnson.com/briteuro.html

Ric Johnson
Des Moines, Iowa

MG - Safety Fast!